Our School-Home-Support worker's:
- Support parents and children to attend school regularly and achieve to the best of their abilities.
- Get to know parents and children at the school.
- Liaise between staff, parents and outside agencies.
- Make home visits.
- Help parents who have problems or need support.
- Encourage parental involvement in the school.
- Help to run and promote activities and adult learning for parents and carers.
Community Support Workers
Duncombe has community support workers who are available to translate for parents in Turkish, Somali and Bengali. The community support workers are available on Fridays.
Our Inclusion Manager is able to support families and make referrals, where required, to outside agencies that we work closely with. As well as professionals such as Educational Psychologists and Speech and Language Therapists, there are many other agencies we work closely with, such as Chance UK, CAMHS and Families First. They offer advice and support to children and families on all issues which can affect their well-being. For more information, please use the links below or speak to our Inclusion Manager.